Sync Call for Wednesday April 29 at Noon EST
1. News and Announcements:
- Volunteer Opportunities
- We’re looking for a volunteer who knows how to write grants, and
- Somebody to help with put together a WWICC Newsletter. The content will be provided, for the most part; We need someone to edit and format it
- Email email@example.com.
- Pershing Rifles Sale
- The Pershing Rifles Foundation is selling two prints of General Pershing to raise money for the Pershing Rifles. One is of Pershing as ‘General of the Armies’ in 1921 and the other is of Lt. Pershing and his cadet leadership at the University of Nebraska, Lincoln in 1893. A percentage of these sales will go to towards supporting the Commission. Check them out at https://theprgroup.org/foundation/store/
- Amazon Smile Mother’s Day
- Mother’s Day is fast approaching. Please shop on SMILE.AMAZON.COM! At no cost to you, Amazon will donate ½ percent of your purchase to a charity of your choice. Enter the "United States Foundation for the Commemoration of the World Wars" as your charitable organization.
- NYC Lusitania Wreath Laying, May 7
- On Thursday, May 7th, 2015 at 10am, the U.S. World War One Centennial Commission will host a wreath-laying ceremony at City Pier A, in Manhattan’s Battery Park, New York City, to honor the 100th anniversary of the tragic sinking of the RMS Lusitania
- Washington DC Lusitania Panel, May 7
- On May 7th, 2015, the U.S. World War One Centennial Commission will host a panel discussion at the NATIONAL PRESS CLUB in Washington, DC, at 6:30pm to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the tragic sinking of the RMS Lusitania.
- PLEASE REGISTER: on the NPC site: http://www.press.org/events/lusitania-centennial-event
- Herbert the Humanitarian
- There’s currently an ongoing exhibit at the Hoover Library-Museum in West Branch, IA called “The Making of the Great Humanitarian: Herbert Hoover and World War I. The exhibit highlights the humanitarian side of Hoover and also includes a mock-up trench and a replica of the SS Hannah. If you’re in the area, check it out! More information at http://www.hooverassociation.org/newsevents/hoovercookie.php
- Naval Heritage Center’s “Authors on Deck” Series: 21st Century Sims
- On May 27 at noon, as part of its “Authors on Deck” Series, the Naval Heritage Center in Washington DC will host Lt. Commander Benjamin Armstrong as he discusses his newest book, 21st Century Sims. This book examines the turn-of-the-20th century Admiral William Sims’ often-overlooked role at the forefront of naval affairs. More information at http://navymemorial.org/