WW1 Centennial News for January 11 2019 - Episode #105
The player below allows you to share and download the show from here as well. See buttons on the top right. Contact us if you have any questions.
Looking ahead at 1919!
Host: Theo Mayer
- 1919 Overview Roundtable - Dr. Edward Lengel, Katherine Akey, Host | @02:00
- Wilson’s Great Challenge - Mike Shuster | @17:40
- First into Germany: SGT Roy Holtz - And he did it on a Harley - Host | @22:00
(Courtesy of author Robert Laplander)
- A Century in the Making: The Winning Team - Joe Weishaar & Sabin Howard | @29:00
- “American Indians in WWI”: New Website - Erin Fehr | @39:30
- New showings of Peter Jackson’s “They Shall Not Grow Old” - Host | @46:40
- WWI in education: Memorializing The Fallen - Host | @49:00
Interactive transcript with "Search & Play".
With the WW1 Centennial News Interactive Transcript, 1. click on any word in the transcript and the audio will begin to play from that word. 2. Use Control+F, or Command+F on a Mac and put in any search term to highlight in the transcript for quick "Search & Play". 3. Copy sections of the transcript for articles.
Note: The transcript publishes 24-48 hours after the episode. If the space below is blank - check tomorrow.
Wilson’s Great Challenge
Harley Davidson in WWI
“A Century in the Making” - National World War I Memorial in Washington D.C.
Remembering Veterans: New website
Spotlight on the Media: New Fathom Events showing
WWI in education: Memorializing The Fallen
The U.S. World War One Centennial Commission
The Pritzker Military Museum & Library
The Starr Foundation
Executive Producer: Dan Dayton
Producer & Host: Theo Mayer
Line Producer: Katherine Akey & Katalin Laszlo
Written by: Theo Mayer & Katherine Akey
Short story provided by
Special segment hosts:
Dr. Edward Lengel
WW1 Centennial News Video Podcast on iTunes
Weekly Dispatch Newsletter