WW1 Centennial News for January 18, 2019 - Episode #106
The player below allows you to share and download the show from here as well. See buttons on the top right. Contact us if you have any questions.
Highlights: Welcome Home, it’s Prohibition!
Host: Theo Mayer
- The Headlines 100 Years Ago - Host | @02:00
- The 308th Regiment’s Journey Home - Dr. Edward Lengel | @12:00
- Wilson Goes to Rome - Mike Shuster | @19:10
- First Into Germany: SGT Roy Holtz - And he did it on a Harley - Host | @23:15
(Courtesy of author Robert Laplander)
- A Century in the Making: The Winning Team Part 2 - Joe Weishaar & Sabin Howard | @30:50
- Introducing Phil Mazzara - Host | @40:00
- The Story of a Memorial Hunter - Bob Shay | @42:30
Interactive transcript with "Search & Play".
With the WW1 Centennial News Interactive Transcript, 1. click on any word in the transcript and the audio will begin to play from that word. 2. Use Control+F, or Command+F on a Mac and put in any search term to highlight in the transcript for quick "Search & Play". 3. Copy sections of the transcript for articles.
Note: The transcript publishes 24-48 hours after the episode. If the space below is blank - check tomorrow.
World War I - THEN
The Headlines 100 Years Ago
https://timesmachine.nytimes.com (Paid access only)
Military Stories - Ed Lengel
The Great War - Mike Schuster
Special: First Into Germany, Sgt. Roy Holtz Part 2. - Host
By Robert Laplander
World War I - NOW
A Century in The Making - Joe Weishaar & Sabin Howard
Remembering Veterans: The Story of a Memorial Hunter - Bob Shay
The U.S. World War One Centennial Commission
The Pritzker Military Museum & Library
The Starr Foundation
Executive Producer: Dan Dayton
Producer & Host: Theo Mayer
Line Producer: Katalin Laszlo
Written by: Theo Mayer
Short story provided by
Special segment hosts:
Dr. Edward Lengel
WW1 Centennial News Video Podcast on iTunes
Weekly Dispatch Newsletter